MID-OHIO SELECT SOCCER LEAGUE
Discussion Board Guidelines
Close This Window
This MOSSL Discussion Board is for sole purpose of promoting soccer in general, youth soccer in central Ohio, and in particular MOSSL soccer. (See Item #16 below). It should be a place where player’s comments are welcomed and where player’s parents will allow their children to view and post messages. The use of this Discussion Board is not a right bestowed on or held by anyone. The use of this Discussion Board is a privilege that may be revoked at any time for failure to comply with one or more of the following rules.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for MOSSL to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that MOSSL does not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and as such is not responsible for any messages posted. MOSSL does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and MOSSL is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages expressed on this Discussion Board are the views of the author of the message and not necessarily the views of MOSSL or any entity associated with this Discussion Board. Any user who feels that a posted message does not comply with these guidelines is encouraged to contact MOSSL immediately by email, (MOSSLSOC@AOL.COM).
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the MOSSL Discussion Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You agree not to post and represent as your own any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not post, transmit, redistribute, upload, or promote any materials that (a) violate or infringe in any way upon the rights of others, including without limitation copyrights and trademarks; (b) contain corrupted files, viruses, or any other similar software files the intent of which is to damage the operation of another’s computer; (c) are unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, hateful, profane, indecent, racially or ethnically derogatory, or otherwise objectionable; (d) contain chain letters or pyramid schemes; (e) contain any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users, individuals or entities; (f) impersonate any person, business or entity, including MOSSL and MOSSL employees and agents; (g) encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; (h) give rise to civil liability; (i) otherwise violate any law; or (j) undertake any conduct that, in the judgment of MOSSL, restricts, impairs, interferes or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website and/or related services.
MOSSL does not and cannot review the messages posted prior to their posting and therefore is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, MOSSL reserves the right to delete any message for any or for no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and by using this Discussion Board you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MOSSL and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
In addition, you agree through the use of this Discussion Board to comply with all of the listed rules and guidelines. You further agree that in consideration for using this Discussion Board, you waive the right to take part in any legal or administrative action against MOSSL or its agents regarding the removal of messages, with or without cause, and/or the revocation of posting privileges.
Although MOSSL does not and cannot review the messages prior to their posting and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, MOSSL reserves the right to delete any message for any or for no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and by using this Discussion Board you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MOSSL and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
A special message to those who wish to bring their personal vendettas to the MOSSL Discussion Board: Simply put, if you attempt to slander or maliciously harm others thru the MOSSL Discussion Board site or post inappropriate personal information about people's personal lives, legal action could be taken and your identity could be revealed should MOSSL deem it necessary to protect its legal interests or be ordered to do so through appropriate legal process.
Please take note of the all the following rules:
Registration and Screen Names:
1. In order to post messages to the MOSSL Discussion Board, you must be registered through MOSSL. In order to get registered through MOSSL, you must be one of the following:
· a MOSSL player,
· a MOSSL parent,
· a MOSSL Rep,
· a MOSSL Club DoC,
· a MOSSL Coach,
· a MOSSL Team Administrator,
· a MOSSL Referee
· a “guest" as approved by the MOSSL Discussion Board Moderators. Guests may include out of town individuals including out of town coaches, parents, referees, etc.; OSYSA staff members, local college coaches, parks and recreation employees, etc., as approved by MOSSL.
2. All Screen names must be registered with MOSSL and attached to a valid and verifiable e-mail address. No one person can register more than one Screen name at any one time. During the registration process, you may be asked to verify your identity.
3. MOSSL reserves the right to not permit the registration of any Screen name, including but not limited to; Screen names that are derogatory toward any person, team, club, MOSSL member league or is otherwise detrimental toward the sport of soccer.
4. No mimicking anyone's Screen name.
5. You may not use a Screen name that sounds like profanity.
6. Screen names may not be another person’s name, or anything close, unless it is your actual name.
Message/Post Restrictions and Guidelines
7. No name-calling.
8. No trash talking.
9. No profanity.
10. No personal attacks.
11. No derogatory comments about any one's race, religion, nationality, or creed will be tolerated.
12. No Coach, Team or Club specific recruiting comments or allegations of MOSSL/OSYSA rules violations by any club, DOC, coach, or player are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report MOSSL, OSYSA, or OHSAA violations. Feel free to contact MOSSL via www.mossl.net, OSYSA via www.osysa.com or OHSAA via www.ohsaa.org to report such violations. Do not discuss allegations of and /or possible violations here.
13. No advertising in any form, unless prior permission has been granted by MOSSL. Information regarding tryouts, including supplemental tryouts, or individual players looking for a team, may always be posted.
14. MOSSL may establish a fee structure by which individuals or groups, not promoting a specific MOSSL activity, may post advertising messages. This is being done to offset the cost of maintaining and moderating this Discussion Board. Examples of advertising for which fees may be charged include tournaments, providing information for camps, indoor soccer events, etc.
15. Messages that promote activities, i.e. concerts, rugby, camping, etc. that are not related to soccer and in particular not related to youth soccer in central Ohio, are not permitted. MOSSL reserves that right to allow, on a limited basis, messages that promote non-soccer related activities, i.e. Ohio State beating Michigan – in any sport.
16. Messages that promote soccer tournaments, teams, leagues, or local, state or national organizations that are NOT part of MOSSL, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association or US Youth Soccer are not permitted.
17. You may not divulge or attempt to determine any member's true identity. That includes dropping hints about a user's identity or asking a member who he or she is in a public forum.
18. You may not put false information on the site.
19. You may not make negative comments about any MOSSL player, parent of a MOSSL player, team or club that plays within MOSSL, MOSSL coach, referee, administrator or advertiser.
20. You may not discuss alleged or possible criminal activity or civil action by anyone associated with MOSSL. MOSSL doesn't want any mention of criminal activity or civil action on this Discussion Board.
21. You may not make gambling or bookmaking comments.
22. You may not make derogatory or disparaging remarks about any one's Screen Name, coach, club, team or league.
23. Within reason, you must use correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums. This board does not have a spell check or edit feature. Once a message is submitted, it can only be deleted in its entirety.
24. Absolutely no political or religious topics or posts, of any kind, will be tolerated.
Removal of Posts/Revocation of Posting Privileges.
25. No one else may access or login to your account. No one may post messages using your account.
26. No posting just to start trouble. MOSSL reserves its exclusive right to determine if topics are being posted just to cause trouble. Members doing so may lose their privileges to post messages.
27. MOSSL, thru its Discussion Board Moderators, reserves the right to delete any message or revoke the posting privileges of any registered user at any time, with or without cause.
28. If a message is deleted, there is no appeal of that action.
29. If a person’s posting privileges to this Discussion Board are revoked, that person may have the right to appeal that decision by filing the appropriate paperwork as provided in the MOSSL Constitution and Administrative Bylaws.
30. MOSSL may change these Discussion Board Guidelines at our discretion. The most current version of these Guidelines can be reviewed by clicking on the “Discussion Board Guidelines” located at the bottom of the page of the Website. The most current version of the Discussion Board Guidelines will supersede all previous versions. We will provide at least thirty (30) days notice before any material change takes effect. If you disagree with such changes simply discontinue your use of the Discussion Board and/or applicable services. Your use of the Website and/or continued use of the Discussion Board after changes are made signifies your agreement to such changes.
31. MOSSL reserves the right to discontinue the hosting of this Discussion Board, at any time, without notice or appeal.
Discussion Board Guidelines Version 1.1 – Effective June 6, 2009
Close This Window